The Total Leadership Library covers all of the necessary topics of emotional intelligence and people skills so that your people will thrive in these collaborative projects.
Total Leadership Library
Total Leadership Library
Most companies believe technology and process is the answer to all of their problems. Processes like pull planning and lean, software that focuses on sharing through project collaboration, and BIM software are supposed to make their lives easier while making projects better. The hard truth is that without the human connection, trust, and true collaboration, all of these processes and technological solutions simply don’t work.
The industry is rapidly changing toward more collaborative project delivery methods because the pain of the old way of doing business is finally greater than the fear of change. Do you want your people to have all of the skills they need to succeed in this new work environment? The Total Leadership Library covers all of the necessary topics of emotional intelligence and people skills so that your people will thrive in these collaborative projects.
This isn’t a canned program on emotional intelligence and soft skills. All of the courses and learning examples are geared toward the AEC industry.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence for the AEC industry and Plan Creation
- 12 Steps to Great Relationships
- How to Present Like an Award Winning Actor: Increase Your Presence and Influence
- Innovation, Creativity, and Problem Solving
- Primal Safety: How to Motivate Your People to Actually Implement Your Safety Program
- Time Management and the Use of Lean Principles
- Stop Pulling Your Hair Out! Stress Management and Peak Performance
- From the Head to the Heart: Create a positive emotional experience in your day-to-day business and make your competition irrelevant
- Workforce Development: How to Attract and Retain the Best People
- Killer Communication Skills
- Diversity and Inclusion in the AEC Industry: A Way Forward
About the Author - Brent Darnell
Brent earned his Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering from Georgia Tech in 1981 and began his own construction career. He was an MEP Coordinator and Senior Project Manager on complicated projects like the Brook Army Medical Center and housing for the 1996 Summer Olympic Village. Because of these first-hand experiences, Brent speaks with a deep understanding of his audience and the problems they commonly face. His passion is to transform the industry into one that is more collaborative, more relationship driven, and more fun.
The impact of Brent’s unique programs spans the globe and his clients include Skanska, Kiewit, Balfour Beatty, Clark, Manhattan, McCarthy, Heery, Beck, Barton Malow, Batson Cook, Granite, Brasfield & Gorrie, Jacobsen Construction, the AGC, ABC, DBIA, COAA, CMAA. He is also an adjunct professor at Auburn, Penn State, and Virginia Tech, teaching emotional intelligence and people skills to their technical students.